Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Breakfast burritos make me fat" & other things

Also, my one and only reader, Lindsay, said she thought I needed to spice up my blog a little. I'm not sure if this will be funny, but I thought I would still share it.

I've been doing a group for the past four weeks with three girls who are cognitively impaired. We've been working on concepts like body protection, body awareness, and just general "My body belongs to me" kinds of things. Well, it has been so much fun, as well as a mixture of hilarious and sad. These girls are pretty unpredictable with what they say so they keep me laughing inside...

One of the girls in the group perseverates on things, especially jalapenos. Here are two of her knock-knock jokes from the first session:

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Jalapeno.

Jalapeno who?

I like it hot!


Knock knock.

Who's there?

You.

You who?

You get on out of here!

SO funny! And today, we were role-playing how we would respond to bullies. So she started making a gun with her hands and saying, "PUT YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR!"

If my job could be filled with this, I think I would love it a lot more!

3 comments:

  1. haha I can just imagine you trying not to laugh. ummm...but yeah that might work on the bullies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you make homemade breakfast burrito? recipe? not that I want to get fat but just wondering

    ReplyDelete