Potato-Sausage Soup
1 lb. pork sausage links*
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
2 (10 oz) cans potato soup**
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
1 package of frozen hash browns***
1. If using pork links, cut sausage into 1 inch diagonal slices. We prefer breakfast sausage with it, so just brown that in a large heavy soup pot, drain and place in separate bowl. Leave about two tbsp sausage drippings in skillet and saute celery and onion.
2. Add potato soup, 3/4 cup water, chicken broth, and sausage. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serves 4. (If you decide to put in the hash browns, I put these in when I simmer the soup for 20 minutes.)
*We prefer breakfast sausage instead of links. Well, really, it's javascript:void(0)just me that does. We've been using sage breakfast sausage, which is really delicious!
**Just potato soup does not exist, so look for cream of potato.
***Since potato soup does not exist, if you make it with just that, it really doesn't have very many potatoes in it. Once I decided to add in some frozen hash browns to see what would happen, and it was awesome! If you like a little more spice, you can try southwestern hash browns!
There you go!! :)
P.S. Jeff wanted to say this is his most favorite soup that he has ever consumed.

ahhh thank you for sharing! i must say though, it is practically 1 am and now my tummy is growling profusely after reading this recipe! :) i will have to make it very soon.
ReplyDeleteLauren! I just started a blog about a week ago and found you on Lacy's blog! I'm so glad to hear about your life this way!!!! And the soup sounds REALLY good, I think Neil would love it. Thanks for the recipe!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteyum!! We love soup so I will have to try this one.
ReplyDeleteLauren, thanks for your response on my post! Its so good and encouraging to hear others champion marriage and enjoy marriage! I agree, I think we definitely have an advantage becuase of Relationships 101... "Is that a turkey?"
ReplyDelete