I have not updated this blog in a really long time! I guess I'll start back with adding pictures of some of the crafts I've made over the past few months... or year. :)
My niece was born last March, and to celebrate her arrival (and since she lives about an hour away), my mom and I decided to host a brunch for Rachel's arrival! I did most of the cooking (and baby holding.. heheh) so I didn't take a ton of pictures from the brunch, but here's a few pics that show a little of the party.
I found a blog that taught me how to use chipboard letters and fabric to make the cutest letters to spell Rachel's name. It's really pretty easy, besides the cutting of the fabric. :) I did experiment a little and found out that I could also do basically the same project with scrapbook paper, though, which is really much easier. You just cut out the paper or fabric and modge-podge away! We also made little fabric flowers to glue onto the letters.
The star of the show was, of course, sweet little Rachel. This picture is old by now but she's just too darn cute for me not to share! :)
I thought I had more pictures-- oops! My mom took pictures, though, but just to share a little bit more, the menu for the brunch was:
Lemon Blossoms (These are out of this world delicious!)
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
Sausage and Cheese Crescent Roll Squares (Amazingly good!)
Strawberry Cake Balls
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
...I accidentally set my Pyrex casserole dish on a burner that was on. I thought all my burners were off. Oops. This resulted in a pretty little tinkling sound as glass shattered all over the kitchen. Thanks to J for cleaning most of it up and for making a last minute run to buy me some more sausage so I could make the Crescent Roll squares again. :0/ Thanks also to Bruce for finding glass we had missed many days later. That silly dog will eat anything!
Master bedroom makeover: part 1
10 years ago



I love the fabric letters!! I can imagine that was hard to cut, but they turned out great. And those recipes sound delicious!! I think I'm going to be making the lemon blossoms soon.
ReplyDeleteI found a recipe that taste very similar to cracker-barrel hash case, except with chicken. It's one of our favorite meals at the moment, here's the link: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/cheesy-chicken-casserole/
it makes enough for 2 casseroles so I divide it and freeze one for later on.