Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

They say that if you want to achieve your goals, then you need to tell people about them so you'll be held more accountable.  Here they are.


Well, our goals are to:


1.  Eat more healthy foods


Honestly, it's so much easier to eat healthier when I don't have to work every day and have a moment to plan.  I think we've gradually been doing better but still need to make some more changes overall.  I've got a pretty major sweet tooth.  Need to start earning those treats a little more... :)  I have tried to phase out all the processed foods and move toward more fresh fruits and veggies.  I've tried to do this without spending a fortune!  ha!


2.  Exercise regularly


We started Couch to 5k last August.  We dropped the program after a few weeks.  Oops.  I'm just gonna say it.  Running is not fun.  At least not in this stage.  We're still working on making it a full mile without stopping.  We did run a 5k in November and in March.  We dropped 10 minutes off our time so I'd wager that we're improving more than we know.  I've also dabbled in Zumba over the past week or so.  Guess I'll give it a little more time to see if I like it.  Both of us need to lose some lbs.  Don't we all?  Oh, late 20s.  Welcome to our lives, slower metabolism.  :)   


3.  Keep workin' on the old budget


This is not so fun.  Our favorite grocery store closed so I've been having to adjust to a new grocery store, and I feel like I am spending so much more money!  We keep having issues where we do pretty well, and then, life happens.  Car repairs, air conditioning repairs, etc.  It never fails.     


4.  Grow spiritually


We both need to continue to grow in this area, especially as we prepare in starting the next phase.  (This will probably still be a little while.. don't get too excited.)  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment