Well, adulthood is in full swing. I now fully understand why adults are so stressed out all the time and always tell college students that they are living the best years of their lives. That used to make me feel sad, in a way, because I thought that I still could be happy even as an adult. I’ve come to realize that it’s really more about the freedom and accessibility to friends that is missed when you’re an adult.
One challenge of working is just trying to keep a positive spirit. There are so many things to complain about, especially when working with people. Let’s face it, people can be difficult, especially middle schoolers (a fact Jeff can attest to). Of course, I just survived two years of grad school so sometimes knowing that I can go home and not have to work on homework is enough to make me feel happy. :)
But I’ve realized that it’s easy to get bogged down in a to-do list and forget that we have opportunities to make an impact on people’s lives. I’m just an intern, but I interact with sweet kiddos all the time, and I hope the work that I do can help them have a more supported educational experience. A lot of times, I don’t necessarily think I’m the best fit for this job and tire of the process to becoming a more knowledgeable school psychologist. I want to know how to do everything, but it takes time and effort, which can be frustrating, especially when you have to learn so much in front of other people.
Things are okay, though. Beneath it all is a hope that God will lift us up when we feel weary and give us strength to get through the crazy days. And He will.
Master bedroom makeover: part 1
10 years ago

I totally agree with you. Matt and I both talk about college and how great we had it without realizing it. We miss the spontaneity of college life and just hanging out with friends. Seems like we have to plan everything these days and friendships are harder to come by in the adult world. I know you'll be a great school psychologist!! and I'm sure you have already touched lives without knowing it. Miss ya!
ReplyDelete