Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Friday, December 18, 2009

Good bye 2009! Hello 2010!



Happy New Year!!

We really hope everyone had a great Christmas and holiday season.. and that you were able to spend time with loved ones and celebrate the wonderfulness of Christmas!

I obviously haven't been on in a long time. I've really wanted to, but I really just dread typing after having had to do it so much in grad school and on the job. I also didn't really know what to write! :)

So I looked at some other blogs and saw that some people had written what was special and what they wanted to remember about 2009, and thought, "I would like to do that, too!" It seems like so much has happened in the past year, which seems to be the trend in this phase of our lives.. :)

So here goes..
January: Celebrated 6 months of marriage! I took the Praxis...

February: I don't really remember too much of February.. Probably were both busy traveling back and forth to work and school. We started exploring some new churches in our area, wondering if God wanted us to be somewhere else.

March: Found out I passed the Praxis.. Did several interviews for internships.

April: I got offered an internship... on APRIL FOOL'S DAY! Wouldn't you know it?!

May: We decided to make an offer on a house and closed on the very last day of this month! I also finished up my grad school coursework.. hmm.. Hard to figure out which one of those is more exciting!!

June: PAINTED A TON!! and unpacked 40 billion boxes! Bruce, our beagle child, also was finally able to come live with us.

July: Took our first vacation to Panama City Beach. It was a nice way to relax and get revitalized after all of our hard work. I also proposed my thesis. And Jeff had an interview at his current place of work.

August: We celebrated our first year of marriage! What sweet bliss to still love one another so much! God has truly blessed us with gracious hearts toward one another. Also.. Started our new jobs!

September: Cheered on those Titans, even though they lost so much during this month. We tried to keep our heads up though..:)

October: We flew up to New Jersey to visit my brother and his family. Spent a couple of days in NYC! It was such fun to get away and explore the city together. Also, it was so fun to spend time with our nephews, John (now 5) & Andrew (2 1/2)! I also turned 25... Moved up an age bracket! (hah!) We also were able to travel to TTU to see some of our old friends from college. And we picked out a puppy for my parents.

November: Celebrated Thanksgiving! Tried to be realistic about the Titans actually making it to the Super Bowl.

December: Celebrated Christmas and Jeff's birthday! Also, we both made it through the first half the school year. It was so sweet to get to spend so much time together again!

Here are some little glimpses of our year!







1 comment:

  1. I love all you pictures. You're little doggie looks like he has grown a lot!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete