Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A-Wreatha Franklin

We used some artificial Gerbera daisies as part of our wedding decorations so I had about 30 of them left over.  I really haven't known what to do with them since they don't really match any of our colors in our house.  Since I've been getting into the wreath making here lately, I decided I would try to make a wreath with the leftover flowers!  The daisies were a little harder to figure out because they have such long stems and the flowers themselves are pretty big so I decided to bunch them up at the bottom.  The bow was a last minute addition.  The resident artist felt like the top left part of the wreath needed the bow to balance out the daisies.  I probably would do some things differently next time... but it's okay.  I'm learning.  :)

I thought wreath making looked pretty fun, but I'm really having a good time with it.  It can be a little tough sometimes, but the materials are big enough that my clumsy fingers can hold onto all of the parts! :)  It's not like sewing, which I have no idea how to do... or knitting or crocheting or other related crafts.  The only problem with wreaths is storage.  I have a Halloween/fall wreath in the works right now... and plan on making a gift wreath for my sweet sister-in-law for a housewarming present when they move into their new house. 

Speaking of my sister-in-law...  She's expecting a little bundle of joy in March.  I am so excited to be an aunt to another little kiddo.  Both my sister and brother have had only boys so it'll be interesting to see if there's another little boy joining our family.. or if we get the pleasure of a little baby girl.  Either way, I'm excited and already love this baby! 

Also.. I entered this wreath into the state fair.  That's really dorky... and I know I will never win, but it seemed like a fun thing to do.. :)  J entered some photographs and a painting.. and my mom entered in some knitting!

3 comments:

  1. Do you rent?
    Do you have a garage? -- I use thumbtacks & ribbon to store my wreaths on the garage walls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun to enter something into the fair! I thought about doing a PB Chip banana bread recipe but I lost track of time. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your wreath! I have just bought supplies to make a Christmas wreath and I'm SO pumped about it! I think I've just got my sisters-in-laws into wreath making as well, since its easy and quick.

    ReplyDelete