Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Day in the Life of Me and our Cute Dog


A friend from college, Lacy from Tatum Tales, asked her blog readers to do a Day in the Life blog.  I thought... well, it's usually just me all day long.  How boring will that be?  So, in order to jazz it up a little, I included pictures from Bruce the beagle's life, too.  :)  He mostly sleeps all day.  I hope no one thinks that I'm weird for documenting his life, as well as mine.. but he keeps me company.  And well, he's so sweet.  Just so loving.  :)

So here goes...


7-7:30ish-- I wake up to try to spend a little time with J before he goes to work.  I appreciate how hard he works, but it always makes me feel a little sad to see him go.

When J leaves, I usually go to the kitchen to find that he's left a cup of coffee prepared for me.  It's a sweet little gesture that he does most mornings.


8ish-- Usually, I have to go and get Bruce up out of bed.  That boy likes to snooze!  He goes to the back door to wait for me to let him out.  While he's out doing his business and "hunting" (especially if it's earlier in the morning!), I usually pour his food into his bowl and catch up on the local news on the internet.  Bruce usually very loudly lets me know that he's ready to come in to eat his breakfast!

Wake up, little buddy.


Waiting to go out!

Where ya at, MOM?  Hungry dog here.
After dawdling on the internet for a while, I usually eat breakfast around 9 or so.  Cereal or toast or whole wheat waffles.  I sometimes will turn on the television for a little while.  After breakfast, I usually either start working on chores or work on some craft project.  I am good friends with Mr. Dishwasher and Miss Washing Machine.  We stay regularly acquainted.  Sometimes, I check my email and then spend a lot of time on allrecipes.com trying to plan our meals for the week.  I like this website because it has a feature that makes a shopping list for me! 

Currently, I've been working on a felt rosette for my sister's Christmas present and a Christmas wreath for my sister-in-law... so I make a mess on our coffee table!

Messy mess.

Work in progress!

12ish-- Typically, I remember that it's about to eat lunch and/or take a shower!  I almost always have some leftovers to eat from dinner the night before.  On this day, I had leftover corn chowder.  I'll post this recipe soon--it's delicious!

12:30ish-- Bruce is snoozing away.  If I haven't already, I usually send J an email to let him know how my day is going and to just have an excuse to tell him that I love him.  :)

I also go outside to get the mail.. and I'm going to use this as excuse to post pictures of our pretty flowers.  Prettiness, thanks to the gardening husband of mine!





1ish-- I either try to go back to my chores or succumb to cuddling on the couch with Bruce to watch television.  Lately, I've been watching a lot of Law and Order: SVU. 


Love this little face.


Around 2:30, I usually let Bruce out again and try to get back to work on stuff around the house.  A lot of times, I'll use this time to bake muffins for our breakfasts or start making dinner.  I think I might be the world's slowest chopper so sometimes, I'll chop ahead of time so that I don't have to use such a long chunk of time preparing dinner.

Around 3:30, I remember that J will be coming home soon so I start to prepare for that.  Usually, I pick up around the house.  I also open the front door so that Bruce can watch for J to come home.  Or I'll take Bruce for a quick walk around the block.

Waitin' on my dad!

"Bowing" for a treat!


4:45ish-- J walks in the door!  Most of the time, I'm in the kitchen whipping up a fabulous meal.  ha ha. :)     

We usually eat around 6.  Sometimes, we'll eat while watching Jeopardy.  We've been really into watching it lately.

Our evening time routine varies.  Sometimes, we'll go run a quick errand or just stay at home and do the same thing.

9:45ish--  Typically, we start getting ready for bed.  We almost always read before bed.  J's been reading the last Harry Potter book for the second time.  I've been reading a book called The Zookeeper's Wife.  It's probably not the best bedtime story, since it's about a family who lived in Warsaw, Poland during WWII and who helped thousands of Jews hide in their home and on the zoo property.  It's pretty astounding how that whole thing happened less than 100 years ago and how horrific the whole thing was.


10:15ish-- Bedtime!  Getting ready for another day! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you also took pictures of your dog--he IS part of your day! So sweet.

    I email Rust at work when I can, too. Usually mine is more like, "CRAZY DAY! HELP ME."

    Jealous of your lovely flowers. We aren't good at keeping green things alive at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute Lauren!! I think you'll be a well prepared mommy one day :) Taking care of a doggy is good practice. haha I wish we lived closer

    ReplyDelete