Graduate school is officially over for me! I turned in my thesis on Tuesday (about an hour before the deadline)! PRAISE THE LORD! I have a completed Ed.S. degree! 71 hours!
This has been such a long, arduous journey, and I am so thankful to finally be freed from it. I had so many moments where I never thought I would never get to the end, especially in the last few months when I was doing revision after revision after revision.
So... I don't have a job lined up. That's been hard to deal with this summer. I'll admit that I'm a bit guilty of being very plan-oriented. :) This summer has been full of tears, moments of doubting my worthiness, and times of feeling deserted in certain areas. Because I didn't have my thesis finished and so many applicants for just a few school psychology positions, I really didn't have a chance of getting a position. Well, I take that back. I had the option of a school system that was an hour and half away from home, and I just didn't feel at peace with taking a position so far away, knowing that it would be really exhausting and stressful... and I didn't feel like it was fair to my husband to leave him with all the responsibilities. :)

I've come a long way, in the past few months. I'm feeling much more at peace with the way things have gone. I feel like God is giving me a much needed break. I still need a job just to help pay some of our bills so I'm still praying for something to work out soon. This experience has been humbling in a lot of ways. I'm getting firsthand experience with how difficult it is to get a good job in this economy.
I don't really know what's going to happen next, but I'm faithful that God will provide for us. :)
aww Lauren I am so so proud of you! That is an amazing accomplishment and well deserved. I know God has a special place just for you :) Celebrate!
ReplyDelete