I'm like a spaghetti freak. I grew up eating spaghetti every Friday night with my grandparents and family at a restaurant called the Grecian Inn. It's no longer open, and that spaghetti recipe is top secret! Sort of... Anyway, the point of this story is that I found a pasta recipe book at Lowe's and tried a recipe called Spaghetti Pizza.
Spaghetti Pizza
Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 package (16 oz) cooked spaghetti
1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
1 jar (28 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 package (3.5 oz) sliced pepperoni
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can (4 oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
Garlic salt to taste
2 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Add spaghetti; toss to coat. Transfer to greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Top with the beef, spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, and onion. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
2. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Review: This recipe makes a ton of food! It could easily feed 8 people--maybe 10, if you had a side to go with it. It'd be good for a lot of hungry men. Also, I think next time, I'll come up with my own variation of toppings. I didn't really like the ground beef with this particular recipe, but if you're a meat lover, then maybe you should leave it in... :) I also didn't put in any mushrooms... Yuck. :) Overall, very good though! I thought it was neat how the eggs and spaghetti formed a spaghetti "crust". I was worried that the spaghetti would dry out, but it was really good... and for several days, too!
Master bedroom makeover: part 1
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment